LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajat   22 January 2021

Exparte divorce after leaving midway in 12a

My wife has filed a false 12A case against me after 1 year of marriage. My question is as follows: if I contest the case till the very end, and leave the case at the last moment, will I get an exparte divorce? Or will it be declared that I lost the case? The reason I would like to do that because the time taken to get divorce will be much less with exparte.


 1 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     22 January 2021


If you contest the case and did not appear for final hearing then it will not be called as ex parte but court will proceed with the case and pronounce the judgment as per petitioner's case. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query