Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

THRINADH PRADYUMNA (Engineering)     26 August 2019

Eviction order received, tenant vacated without giving key

I have given my flat in Visakhapatnam on Rent, Since last 1.5 years my tenant is harassing me without paying the rent and without vacating. I have filed an eviction suit with the court and got the favorable order, the court has given 2 months’ time frame to for the tenant vacate the flat ( by today i.e. 26th of Aug) and ordered  to pay the arrears and for the damages. By today i.e. 26th Aug the 2 months’ time frame given by the court is getting completed and I have already filed a caveat. 

While the matter stands so, the Tenant vacated the flat today ( 26th of Aug) without handing over the key to me. Neither he paid the arrears ?? The key is still in his possession , Please suggest what is next. 


 4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     26 August 2019

Just file the executuion of deccree and pray for recovery of arrears only. For possesion show receieved after ;

Just submit application in police station to accompnay you while breaking open the locks,attach the court order andmention details,they will testify that thet there is nothing in side and possesion recovered. get everything properly recorded and documented. 

THRINADH PRADYUMNA (Engineering)     26 August 2019

Thank you i am filing the EP for the recovery of the rent and damages. As the keys are not handed over to me, shall i go ahead and ask for the delivery of the flat from the Court ?? 

Shashi Dhara   27 August 2019

Inform it to court and take orders to take possession through help of police..

THRINADH PRADYUMNA (Engineering)     06 September 2019

I am at the verge of filing an EP petition as the court has categorically gave an eviction order for the tenant to pay the pending rental arrears ( Which are due since last 1.5 Years).

 In addition to the dues (as given by the court order) can I also pray in the EP for the compensation towards the “ Mental Agony’ and “ emotional distress” caused  to me by them. Please Suggest !!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query