Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sridhar (self)     18 November 2010

Eviction of Tenant

Hi ,

Me and my mother are joint owners of a shop after my fathers death we have inherited it. The shop was rented to the tenant by my father .  We now want to vacate the same ... MY mother has recently retired from government service .. and the rent paid is more then the rent control act applicable in AP  can you please provide me help regarding the notice to be issued??? whether eviction can be done on bonafide use since my mother has retired ... and also how much time it would take for the court for eviction ... Thanks in advance .....


 3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     18 November 2010

Consult a good local lawyer and give the tanent a legal notice terminating his tenancy calling upon him to vacate the shop as it is required by you for your own use.

1 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     18 November 2010

bonafide need is the best of the grounds available to evict a tenant.


u need to proceed under the rent laws applicable in your state, as far as time is concerned there can not be certain opinion....much depends upon the burden of work on the court and your own efforts.


as advised above consult some local lawyer and file the petition as soon as possible in order to avoid delay.


U can follow the above recommendations.  Here there will  some out lines be given regarding the state laws.  In details you consult with your lawyer/advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query