LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohamed (NA)     30 January 2013

Eviction of returned nri house

Dear Sir,

I am a NRI returned back to India for re-settlement. Before coming back, my attornery has given

a written notice to the tenant (six months in advance). But the tentent is not vacating the house

telling lame excuses such as he could'nt find another house, his wife was in hospital

for some days etc. More over he is not paying the rent for almost 4 months as of now .

When I approched him, he said,he do not want to deal with me and only want to deal with my attorney

and also using abusing language to keep me away.

I am  now staying with my brother's family.

Kindly advice what step, I will have to take for immediate eviction of this tenant .


Awaiting for your kind guidance,



 2 Replies

Akshay Sahni (Founder/Partner)     30 January 2013

Dear Sir,

We would be able to assist you. Please visit our firm's website and get in touch accordingly.


We have offices in Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Dhanbad, Allahabad


Akshay Sahni



Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     30 January 2013

1. What State ? And how much Rent ? - Important to see whether he is protected from eviction by some specific law. 

2. File a suit for eviction, and then seek a judgment on admissions.

3. Consult your local attorney


Bharat Chugh - Advocate Supreme Court of India

Blog :,

Stay Connected on Facebook !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query