LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

H Sachdev (Prop)     05 October 2016

Enforcement of arbitration judgement

Hi I need some advice on how the enforcement of the arbitration judgement is executed. I have been handed a decesion in form of 20 plus pages which essentially states that I have rightfully won the case and all the dues are to be settled by the opposing party with intereset including all legal expenses. What the decision does not state is by when it has to be paid and what if its not paid? It does state that the interest will continue till the time settlement is made but that is of no use to me as the interset can go on for 100 years but how do i get it executed?

One clause that is in the decision is that this matter can only be resolved by the way of arbitration.

If I can be please be given some guidance on what steps I can take and how to appeal if the arbitration decision is not executed. I don't want to waste another year month by month for another ruling.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 October 2016

Appealable orders (S.37 and S.59). As per the 1996 Act, arbitral award includes final and interim awards passed by the arbitrator. Both interim as well as final awards can be challenged under S. 34. The Supreme Court of India confirmed the powers of the courts to entertain S.34 applications

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register