LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maya arjun   28 September 2021

Employer refusing to provide Reliving and Experience Letter

Dear All


I am a BE Graduate from Tamil Nadu and I worked in a company for more than 3 years in Karnataka. At the time of my joining, the company asked me to sign a bond (mentioned as agreement) for 4 years. Since I had intent to work for them IĀ agreed to the Bond.

Due to the recession in Automobile industry, the company started facing financial trouble (before Covid i.e early 2020s). They could not provide their employees on time salary. They also started deducting salary in the name of Covid. This all happening since March 2020 till date. At the beginning i.e from March 2020 to August 2020, employees thought the situation will change but it's not.

From August 2020 to till date, the company is paying salary with deductions. The worst part is salary pending dues. They haven't paid the salary for 4 to 5 months. And second worst part is EPFO. The PF contribution deducted from the salary is not deposited in EPFO since January 2020.

This is the status of the company. Because of this I sent my resignation letter stating financial issue is my reason of resignation. They didn't accept my resignation and started leaving threats by saying that "I will not provide the relieving and experience letter till you complete your agreement".

I sent the resignation mail on May 2021 and served 100 days of notice period before my last working day. I also sent the my resignation letter through registered post as well. And submitted all their belongings in a proper way.

I have all proofs such as PF passbook, email conversation, Payslips, Bank Statement.

I am one among the victims because there are some of my colleagues who faced the same problem. Since we are from middle class background the founder of the company is using as an advantage and doing this cheap activity and spoiling young talents.

I would like to move legally.

Please advise.


 2 Replies

V VASUDEVAN (General Counsel - Consultant)     28 September 2021

Please write a complaint setting out the above details and your employee code, PF Number etc., to the Labour Commissioner by email labour.commissioner42@gmail.com

Surendra Gond   28 September 2021

please call me@9811815128

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register