Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Martin Nadar (Assistant Manager - Marketing)     26 May 2015

Emi return charges - hdfc bank

Hi I am Martin from Thane, Maharashtra.

I have a personal Loan with HDFC bank. Its EMI date is on 7th of every month. My salary gets credited to my account on 7th of every month by afternoon or evening.

I don't have any account balance in my account till my salary gets credited. Every month the above mentioned personal loan is presented in my account by 7th in the morning. Because of insufficent balance in my account, this EMI returns and again presented on the next day ie. by 8th. In second attempt the EMI is presented and the amount gets debited from my account and the state shows as clear transaction and there was not charges. This happens every month.

But this month ie. May 2015 the EMI is presented for the personal loan on 7th May in the morning and again the second attempt is made on the same date ie. by 7th May after some few hours. Now the bank again presented the EMI on 9th May and this time it has been presented as EMI recoverable amount and the bank also levied charges for EMI returns.

When I talked to the bank they told me, earlier it was not charged, so now they will charge for the previous EMI return as well. But the bank statement showed for previous EMI trasaction as cleared transaction and not EMI recoverable amount.

Kindly suggest or help, what action should I take on this regard

Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

jitendraww   16 December 2016

Write a pleading letter explaining the circumstances under which you have defaulted payment of monthly EMI's, it shows your sincerity and awareness. They may even reschedule if your request is genuine. However your letter should be genuine and must disclose your sincerity, so that they can reschedule or provide a fresh loan depending on circumstances in a different head before it becomes NPA. Meet them and explain the matter in person and submit minutes of discussion under acknowledgment. Maintain proper record. As you are willing to repay bank must consider to reshedule. 

Best Regards.

Jitendra - Additional District Attorney

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register