Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Eligibility for maintenance

Dear Experts 

Myself and wife are not staying together past 4 years, in case if i file for divorce petition.  She is working lady with handsome salary, infact on par with me - as per Form 16. Also i have transferred a joint property (flat) to her as sole owner through which she is getting rent, not sure if this is captured in F16. 

We have 2 kids, one is major (18 years) and other one is 11 years, currently they are staying with her. 

My question is

  1. Will she be eligible to claim for maintenance or alimony?
  2. Can i file for G&W C to have access to my kids? 



If you could prove in the court that she has enough means to maintain herself ,the court may charge minimum or nothing but for children you have to pay the maintenance.

One of the children is already major and can decide itself in this reagard. However for the other kid you can get direction for meetings from the court under GW Act., The opinion of the child may be asked by the court as being 11 years of age.



ha ha ..liked this one 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x