LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar   29 August 2019

Eelctricity Bill Issue

For the month of June 2019, I have got a bill of 7970/- . It is home based meter.
I did check the reading at then, after getting the bill. I has crossed 1000+ reading for the month of June.
For every month, average reading we used to get is 270-350 units. But for the month of June the unit reading has come 1000+.
After enquiry, the electricity dept. says that, as your meter is inside your house, we were unable to take the reading & this is an average reading that we have charged.
How come, 1000 units are average ?
And after discussing the issue with them, they have given a consession of 200/-.
Please, suggest what are the steps to be taken.

Learning

6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 August 2019

Just file a consumer complaint they cannot charge like that. 

(Guest)

Mr. Sohail, First of all which Mobile No has been registered by the Electricity department, on which a massage comes before processing avarage Bill stating that' Meter reading is not recieved and send a photo copy of meter with reading to avoid avarage Bill. For the submission of meter photo with reading you have to download MSEDCL App or your state department app on your anroid phone.

Also submit a comlaint to the department for taking  reading by meter reader also shift meter to the oputer arae of residence for the ease of meter reader as they wanted.

The same case was faced by me and I have solved it smoothly.

This will helpful to you.

Thanks

Rashid N shah

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 August 2019

MR. Nazir it is not me but Mr. Kumar.

He can benifit from your experience ,appriciate.

(Guest)

Sorry,due to oversight I wrote Mr Sohail instead of Mr Kumar.

Thanks

cyberlawyer (barrister)     01 September 2019

Kumar ji- 

Even i am in the same boat. But the amount of Rs.7970 you stated is for single month ? Usually EB bills are bi-monthly. 

Even in my case, the bill amount and the units have doubled. They came and checked my meter and told that the meter is working fine based on the calculation they arrived at that time of their visit. I even showed bill for 3 years and they are not ready to accept that. 

If meter is not working, they just take the average of any 2 bi-monthly period which has the highest value and ask you to pay. 

In my case they say that i have to pay the amount as the meter is found to be working fine based on the calculation for the last 10 days. 

Please advice what to do in this case. 

cyberlawyer (barrister)     01 September 2019

TANGEDCO has several crores of rupees unpaid from TWAD, local municipalities and other departments. I think TANGEDCO is shifting the burden over the common man and indulging in such practices 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register