Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Kumar Sharma (Senior Lead)     13 October 2011

East west directions wrongly marked in sale deed

Hi,

I had purchased an apartment 4 yrs back. I realized that directions specified in the sale deed document that was registered is little incorrect. The east west directions are swaped rest all the details (apartment no, floor plan, address) are all correct. Do I need to go for rectification deed to correct the directions mentioned? Would I face issues while selling the property if I don't get it done.

I have been chasing the builder to get the rectification deed done but he has no been very cooperative. Are there any other options so that I don't have any legal issues later?

Would appreciate your advice/suggestions here.

Thanks,

Vijay

Learning

7 Replies

kumar t v s (advocate)     13 October 2011

Getting a rectification deed registered with correct direction is the best option, but if the flat no. and other 2 directions do not creat any confusion as to which property is being referred, and further the plint area, floor plan, floor no. etc.. can confirm that the property in question is your flat, you should not have any trouble selling the flat without any rectification.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     13 October 2011

Dear vijay,

It is better to get a rectification deed registered if your vendor co-operates. Else, you can file a civil suit and get it rectified through process of law.

Vijay Kumar Sharma (Senior Lead)     14 October 2011

Thanks Kumar and Sridhar for your response.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 October 2011

Dear Vijay

yes mr, sridhar is right

Saurav mahajan (Advocate)     16 October 2011

Hello vijay Getting a rectification deed registered is the best and easiest option. So try to seek the vendor's cooperation. Civil suit is also an option but it should be the last resort as it will take much time.

Vijay Kumar Sharma (Senior Lead)     10 February 2012

Hi,

Revisiting this thread. Would you know what's the cost for getting rectification deed done?

Thanks,
Vijay

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     10 February 2012

The cost would be as follows:

As far as Tamilnadu is concerned

Stamp duty 8% on the difference amount of the present guideline value of the land and the guideline value of the land at the time of the registration plus 1% registration fee on the said amount.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register