Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun   23 November 2018

dv,498A victim

Dear respected lawyers
sir i got marriage in 2013 after 5 1/2 year marriage suddenly this year march 24 my wife fight with me and to his mother home i have one male child iam unemployee in dv she asked 25k monthly maintaince ,and montetary relief 20lakh i don have any property in my name only parent house his there now she his asking for mutual consent divorce sir right now my problem his how much i have to pay alimony and maintaince iam unemployee if i go to job also i got 12k only salary sir pls help me from get rid of his situation sir
thank u

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 November 2018

Maintenance will be decided on the basis of income of husband shown and proved in the court. If you have income of Rs12000/- per month produce document showing it, demand of Rs25k by will not be taken in account and she will get not more than 33% of your income as maintenance per month. As far alimony part is concerned the financial status of both parties not their parents to be taken in consideration by court, if you don't have money of her demand namely Rs20 lakhs she won't get that even if that amount is with your parents in the form of property etc. She agree for divorce by mutual consent, go for it without any alimony.

Arun   23 November 2018

thanks for ur good suggestion sir

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 November 2018

Amount of alimony and maintenance depends upon various factors including your financial and social status and bargaining power.

Arun   24 November 2018

thanks for ur query sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register