LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jeoffrey scott (student)     04 June 2014

Dui in hyderabad

I'm ashamed of it and it was a terrible mistake and i regret every second and I got a DUI in INDIA from the traffic police after I got an F1 visa in 2013 for which i had to go to the court and pay a fine for IPC 185 and was let off,

will this stay and on my record forever I was caught by the traffic police and everything was on paper
Now the real question, I completed one year of masters from US and now back home in india
I'm getting worried that DUI in INDIA will haunt me forever, will it anyway effect me in my H1B and green card process? In that H1B application there is a question that have you ever be convicted of any crime in US or anywhere including traffic violations like DUI should i say yes or no? is there anyway the US govt will look in my indian records
Please let me know if you have any idea? Please help me I'm really freaking out
thank you

Learning

3 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 June 2014

To the best of my knowledge the VISA forms say any offence other than Traffic Offences.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

1 Like

Jeoffrey scott (student)     06 June 2014

will my stay in indian traffic police records forever

and is this a criminal case? and prevent me from applying for passport or visas for other countries

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2014

The Indian Traffic police offences disposed with fines will not remain in records for a long time, periodical destruction of such records especially the cases which are fully disposed and not eligible for reopening will not be maintained for a long time, so in my opinion, you can remain unworried about it because normally verification from traffic police will not be sought here in India and our system is not all the fool proof as US system for traffic offences.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register