LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priash1723 (EE Engineer)     30 March 2021

Dual employment india and abroad

I am presently employed in Nigeria, however I have job offer from Top MNC in India.

My company in Nigeria has 3 month notice period and the new company in India wants me to serve only 2 month notice period and join in India by 1st of 3rd notice period month. 

Neither is the company in India giving me compensation for not serving the company notice period in Nigeria, under such condition only way out is to exit Nigeria on emergency leave and submit resignation thereafter.

But with such resignation there is no confirmation of reliving letter and work experience letter. Now company in India wants me to join and provide this document to avoid any legal action.

However it is clearly mentioned in my appointment that I cannot work in another organization within Nigerian Jurisdiction. All legal issues will be govern by Nigerian Federal Laws.

Following questions will arise :

1. Should I take a risk and join the company in India, which is subjected to confirmation only on document verification.

2. Even if the company in India allows me to join under special case, will I have implication of dual employment. There by subject to any litigation.

3. Even after lot of negotiation, company in India wants me to join them but don't want to extend my joining date, should I reject the offer on ethical grounds where serving notice period or compensating for the same is only option.

4. Also not serving notice period will cause financial losses which company in India doesn't want to take into account. 

5. Also due to covid panademic, travelling to India and joining the company is again one more constraint.

All issues can be sorted out if I serve my required notice period and resign to join  new company........

All view points are heartily invited for a good decision making....

Thank you in advance..............

Learning

1 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     31 March 2021

Considering everything It is prudent to continue with your present employment. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register