Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarkumar (business)     24 July 2015

Drinking

Hi all, 

Wife filled divorce case saying I am an alcholic and a regular visitor of TASMAC, is it appropriate to state drinking alchohol as a reason for divroce, and I clearly stated in my counter that the Government is responsible for this as the Goverment is running TASMAC and I am not to be blamed as a reason. Is she elgible for divorce.

Thanks,

S.Kumar

Learning

10 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 July 2015

Mr.Kumar Kumar,

Yesterday U have posted another query about influencing judge,as if U were the victim,clarify.

Govt may be responsible for many more things but it is U who has to restrain from getting addicted,which ruuins UR health,wealth,strength and moreover UR family.

Hence UR wife can go for divorce if U don't mend UR ways and becomea family man.Well,when U told the judge that the govt is responsible what was the judge's response?

(Guest)

If you are working there in the capacity of a tester of alcoholic beverages, then nothing much can be done..  If you are doing it on purpose, then better give divorce to wife and enjoy your job/drink.

Judgement has not been given in this case as it in the trial stage. 

Why at all the Government should run something which is not ethical and which is not good for health and family? 

I strongly believe that Government would not be involved in wrong activities and illegal acivties. When Government does not think it as wrong then why should I take it as wrong, or my wife or the court. So what I am doing is correct and completely ethical. 

Judge did not give his oppinon when I told him the same.

I didnot force her to drink so even she should not tell me to stop drinking. This is my fundamental right that has given to me by the constitution. 

Thanks

S.Kumar

saravanan s (legal advisor)     24 July 2015

dear mr kumar i could make out that you are a highly literate person.better drink within limits.no harm to anyone.so wife cant even complain against you.

1 Like

Influencing judge is the case of my court friend, we met in the court, as he is not liiterate I am helping him and giving  advices.

Thanks saravanan.s.I will comply.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 July 2015

I thought that case was also URs.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     28 July 2015

Drinking Alchohol cannot be the ground for divorce unless it turnes to a harrassment and cruelty to wife and / or create disturbances in the house. 

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 July 2015

No doubt that drinking alcoholic liquor alone cannot constitute ground for seeking divorce by a woman from her husband, there should be some other ground attached to this background. 

However in my academic interest I ask you one question from my side that you blame the government for selling liquor hence you are drinking though the government did not drag you out of the house to the liquor shop to buy and drink to brim, what is your excuse for this and also can you answer this that the government is selling pesticides too, whether they did not attract you?

or can you blame the government for selling pesticides and other kinds of poison?

1 Like

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 July 2015

Even if govt bans manufacture and sale of liquor,country made or toddy will be readily available  for the savours.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register