25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravindra (Analyst)     28 September 2011

Dowry declaration

Hi As per law govt employee has to submit dowary declaration application in his office. Is it ok if i file RTI application to get tht declaration certificate. What are advantages and disadvantages of tht? will it backfire to Me? coz one of my friend filed RTI for dowary declaration but his FIL file defamation against him. My Mother in law works in Mantralaya. can i go for tht application or i can ask tht in court in front of Judge. Can court will allow me to do tht? please advice.... My wife has filed 498A against me and my family member in Jun 2011.


 12 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     28 September 2011

Dear Ravindra

in trail your advocate asked about this question and after the statement if deniel of the declaration then send an application with the Court order/statement through registered post

1 Like

A1981 (abc)     28 September 2011

How it can backfire?


1. Anyway they are going to allage you for dowry.

2. In my openion let them feel the heat. She cant give you that delcaration in any case otherwise she will loose job and face case in DP-3 act

3. None of the public institution will ever accept declaration "I gave dowry in the marriage of DDD on <date>" that will attarct immidiate action against the public servant.

4. If she gives now in written that anyway will not attract much legal value in court instead It will lead to so may enquiry against her

Better legal experts put some light

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 September 2011

Dear Ravindra,


Please read the CCS Rules and sundry state rules.


Don't file an RTI for declaration, file a complaint., thereafter follow up with RTI.


As long as the complaint is pending there is no scope of Defamation.




Shonee Kapoor



PS: Why don't you list all your queries in one thread.

1 Like

ravindra (Analyst)     29 September 2011

hi Shonee Kapoor

can u plz give fulform of CCS or any link or website



ravindra (Analyst)     29 September 2011

Hi All,

Thanks for link

My Mother in Law is Peon in Mantralaya. So can i file a simple complaint.


ravindra sonavane

A1981 (abc)     29 September 2011

Here is how I think but this need more brainstroming since I have learnt everything very recently-

1. For anyaction you must think how it will benifit in your case (Mukti from this sh*t). Things done inorder to take revange will cause regret latter.

2. For any complaint there needs to be supportive evidence for proper result (Bonafide Complaint). So if you have material evidences then attach that to complaint otherwise file RTI first to get her reply from the department. Push her to admit that she has given dowry. So this will become two edged sword Yes/No both will run in your favor.

3. visit 498a.org that has enough material and format for RTI as well complaint.

4. Do not close the doors of compromise (without loosing honor) at any point of time. That is the best thing.

5. I often thing even if I win this case with honor that will result in my failure because I lost the relations.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 September 2011

Yes Ravindra, you can do that.




Shonee Kapoor


Adv FAMILY COURT Misra (Advocate)     23 October 2011

After cross exam in 498A, U can decide for DP3

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 October 2011

Why after Cross-Examination?





Shonee Kapoor


sukhvinder   25 December 2014

Is it good to file RTI against FIL OR Miss 498A in their department about dowry declaration

sukhvinder   27 December 2014

shonee sir

how can we file complain , plz put some light on complain

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query