Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jugbir Gahlawat (Asst. Manager -Compliance)     18 October 2010

Double Pay on Holidays

Dear All,

I want to know about that in India what is the act regarding working on national holiday or states holiday What is the employer right those employees working on holiday  ,please send answer with act and section.

Learning

5 Replies

Rashmita Saikia (Lawyer)     18 October 2010

Every state has its own Act for Industrial Establishments (National and Festivel Holidays) Act. One should follow the Act of that state  where the establishment is situated. The employee who work on such National festivels and Holidays, employer should give double pay for the day or one day pay with a comansatory holiday (comp off).

Pushpa Rawat (n/a)     22 October 2010

Hi,

26 Jan, 01 May, 15 Aug and 02 Oct are the only National holidays as per Bombay Shops and Establishment ACt (For Maharashtra).

If any employee is working on these days, he gets double of his salary plus one compensatory holiday within 1 months time.

If Comp off is not utilised withinh one month from the day of National holiday, the Comp off will be lapsed.

Similarly you can check for your state as well if other than Maharashtra.

Regards,

Pushpa

Sarbrinder Kaur (Librarian)     22 October 2010

I ll be thankful if any expert from the forum / any forum member can send me a copy of the rule/ order defining rule for payment to central government employees for working on holidays and saturdays and sundays

shweta pereira (HR Buss Partner)     13 September 2012

Any employee means even a supervisor too.

Due to the skill set the supervisor will not fall under the category of Workmen.

Kindly clarify

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2012

Sabrinder kaur ji, If you have query on the Govt service, kinldy put seperate query giving facts of the case. Broadly speaking Non-Gazzetteed employees are entititled to compassionate off or conveyance charges for atttending office on holidays.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register