LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagadeesh Birkodikar (Proprietor)     23 September 2013

Does governement contract fallas under meaning of consumer

One of my clients has won a tender for supply of a machine as a lowest bidder. Now Government department is saying that he has quoted price which is more that MRP which is against Consumer Goods (Mandatory Printing of Cost of Production and Maximum Retail Price) Act, 2006. My doubts are: 1. Whether Government department or agency fall under meaning of consumer or is Consumer Goods (Mandatory Printing of Cost of Production and Maximum Retail Price) Act, 2006 law applicable to Government agency/department? 2. In tender document there are no any clause saying that goods must be supplied at MRP. Whether after opening of a contract tender can Government agency/department terminate bid by saying that price quoted is more than MRP and violates Consumer Goods (Mandatory Printing of Cost of Production and Maximum Retail Price) Act, 2006? 3. Department is asking breakup of price he has quoted. And also says that quoting price above MRP is against law. 4. Is supplying of goods in bidding via Tender restrains a contractor to quote more price than MRP? 5. Address of web portal where I can get copy of Consumer Goods (Mandatory Printing of Cost of Production and Maximum Retail Price) Act, 2006.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register