Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niraj Kumar (Senior Technical Architect)     06 February 2010

Documents required to purchase land from developer

Hi all,

I want to know what are the documents required if I wish to buy a plot in Bangalore. I've a laundary list but not sure if it is complete.

1. All parent documents for the land.
2. Encumbrance certificate, last 30 years. Including upto date EC till the date.
3. Property Tax receipt, latest
4. Khata, last 30 years.
5. Conversion order ( Agricultural to Residential).
6. Approved layout plan.
7. BMRDA Approval letter.
8. Legal opinion from approved bank.
9. Partnership deed ( In case multiple owners of the company is involved in the project).
10. Document of partnership while applying for layout approval ( if the project is a joint development between the company and land owner. )
11. Release letter for the site.
12. Court permission for sale of minor's share of property, or right in the property. (If it is an ancestral land and minor’s interest is involved. )

Help me with this, as I'm planning to buy plot in Bangalore.

Learning

3 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 February 2010

In all earnest I would advised you to catch hold of an escrow or a title investigator to do the job for you, so that your title to the property is perfected.

1 Like

Niraj Kumar (Senior Technical Architect)     06 February 2010

I'm in touch with one Title investigator but even before I reach out to him/her I'd like to make sure that I understand what all docs I need to collect from the builder/developer.

nalin joshi (Astt Manager )     07 February 2010

I believe the list  compiled by you is lamost complete, just to add in case the property belongs to a company (builder) please verify the site of minstry of compnay affairs (mca.gov.in) and serach index of charges for any charge registered against the said builder.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register