LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya Bhatia (Teacher)     09 July 2022

Divorce second marriage

My cousin brother got married few years ago and got mutual divorced. While looking for another bride he met a girl and told her everything about his first marriage. They got married on 7th December 2021, for few days the girl was very much normal but after that she started asking questions about his savings and demanded many things. Like, iphone 13 pro max and Activa 125. When my cousin brother explained  her about the financial situation she started fighting and arguing and the girl left him on 27th December 2021 stating that he did not tell him about his previous marriage. Since then she is not talking to anyone and asking for a settlement amount of 25 lacs. Now its been 7 months they are separate can we claim divorce? Without paying any alumni amount? What can we do now? 

Learning

1 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 July 2022

Hello,

You can file divorce on the ground of cruelty. If your wife is not working in that case you have to pay the maintenance. Divorce without maintenance is possible only if she agrees. 

I will suggest you to resolve the dispute by involving the elders from both family. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register