LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorce by mutual consent

Page no : 2

Rajendran Nallusamy (Advocate)     04 April 2008

Thanks for the contribution by one and all

Known (B)     06 April 2008

"Once the petition for Divorce by mutual consent is filed, the Court gives the parties 6 months' times to reconsider. The Court may pass a decree of divorce after a period of 6 months from the date of presentation of the petition and not later than 18 months after the date of presentation, incase the petition is not withdrawn." This sounds irrational. I am for instant divorce when either spouse approaches court.

vilas (lawyer)     19 April 2008

yes i will give u full imformation about law on divorese pl tell me ur real need i m advocate for 23 years in disrict court

asif (student)     23 May 2009

Is Khulanama permited by indian law,does anywhere in the books of law stated that the court accepts the divorce if it is an Islamic Divorce is there any Indian Law Act which states that Khulanama has a legal value.

Please Comment

kumar (private employee)     23 May 2009

Hi Mr.Bajaj... What Ever You Expercing Now Currently..Already i faced 6 months back..Now Get Ready Next Step...That Women will File 498 Case about You..try2talk to her and maintain positiveness..these days 498 is just prepaid card..Police always their side only..they can file case with N number of Claims against you..try to contact a Good Lawyer who can save you...You have two options..1) talk to her and try to go for mutual consent with settlement of permannent Anamoly 2) find lawyer who can protect you recently i face this situation..Iam telling with my experince..But this SITE given very good knowledge and idea to move forward..Here we have Good Experts help you..

kumar (private employee)     23 May 2009

Hi Mr.Prakash,

This is Kumar..

Can you please clarify this issue

recently my wife and myself come under settlment and i ready to pay pemanent anamoly..

already we paid 50% to her by cheque and she signed on MOA and also accepted document

is she have any authority to file agianst me for maintaince

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register