LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj   02 January 2016

Divorce after 6 months of marriage

I am 30 years old middle class man working in a private firm.
My marriage took place on 2 jun 2015 in MP.Wife is from other state.We lived together for 2 months and then she went to her parents home and never returned.
Later she is asking to break the marriage and demanding 5 lacs rupees and threatening me and my family to file a false case of dowary and domestic violence(which actually never happened). After that I decided to divorce her and she  is also agree for that but demanded 5 lacs rs.
My questions are...
1:- Can I file divorce as we have completed only 6 months.
2:- is giving them 5 lacs rs is the only option to get separated.
3:- how can we pay her in legal way? is Notary of 1000rs with mutual concent of divorce is valid in case of any future trouble.
4:- suggest any legal way to protect me any my family from false dowary and domestic violence case. and to get divorce.


 3 Replies

Advocate.S.A.Siddiq (Advocate)     03 January 2016

Are u hindu or christian ? What is the reason to break marriage ? Why are u pay the money? Where are u live?


Please come up with real facts such as under which rites you married, or was it a civil marriage,etc.,

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 January 2016

1) No


3) Dont pay her anything  without any reason and please be aware that notarised divorce deed is not legally valid divorce,   Your marriage has to be dissolved by a decree of divorce by a court of law only (until you dont belong to Muslim community, where the personal law operates).

4) If she files false dowry case, you may obtain anticipatory bail and then challenge her false case.  For DV cases, getting enlarged on bail is not required. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query