LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JATINDER SINGH (maths master)     19 November 2015

Divorce

I HAVE FILED DIVORCE PETITION AGAINST WIFE. SHE IS GOVT. EMPLOYEE AND ISSUELESS. DURING THIS SHE FILED APPLICATION UNER 24 AND 26. NOW I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE COURT ORDER. PLEASE MAKE ME UNDERSTAND. ORDER IS AS FOLLOWS;Present: Sh.N.D.Chopra, Counsel for the petitioner Sh.Gursewak Singh, Counsel for the respondent Affidavits of two witnesses tendered into evidence. Cross-examination deferred . Witness are bound down for 1-12-2015 for cross-examination. Payment of maintenance allowance and litigation expenses be also made on said date. (A.P.Batra) ADJ/19-11-2015

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     20 November 2015

Sir, It simply says that the case is deferred for cross-examination and maintenance order will be passed on the dates fixed .... But maintenance would be decided only after the arguments on the application.... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Advocate 9899011450

JATINDER SINGH (maths master)     20 November 2015

I HAVE HEARD FROM MANY THAT AN EMPLOYED WIFE AND ALSO CHILDLESS CAN NOT BE GIVEN MAINTENACE ALLOWANCE.IS IT NOT SO? WHAT R LITIGATION EXPENSES?

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     20 November 2015

I agree with the above Mr Kapil Chandana's discripttion of the order, nothing more to add in it.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     21 November 2015

There is no such law that educated and employed Wife cannot be granted maintenance . howevr since the order posted by you is that of an ADj Im presuming that she has made an application I/s 24 HMA Seeking maintenance. The scope of section 24 is much less than section 125 . Therefore argue strongly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register