LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vitthal paliwal (business)     06 March 2015

Divorce

My wife was in bad habit, when i came to knew about this, she started harrashing me. She lodged 498A,DV case, & pressurised me to such an extent that i filed for divorce. Myself Being govt employee now she is dreaming of getting hefty sums. when i try for reconcilation she says i will stay if you give me in written that all allegations by me were false Or prove it in court.  She always pressurises me for mutual one time settlement, but looking at my kids i dont have that courage.

When her torture became unbearable i started residing away from her in rented accomodation. She is using my all company facilities & even taken kids in her favour & not letting me see them.

Now if i withdraw my divorce petition, & start staying away from her what implications it will have?

regards

Learning

6 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     06 March 2015

you approach the court immediately with a good &reliable advocate so that u will get courage and confidence to face ur wife.Then ur brain start functionning.

you approach the court immediately with a good &reliable advocate so that u will get courage and confidence to face ur wife.Then ur brain start functionning.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     06 March 2015

You must take control of the situation. In matrimonial cases, not only is it important to see what cases you have filed, it is also important to analyse when they were filed. Get hold of a good lawyer who is well versed with matrimonial law and seek his advise on the appropriate steps.

Augustine Chatterjee

fighting back (exec)     07 March 2015

living with a 498 and DV wife is as good as living with a snake....you never know when it will strike back, so better accept her proposal of mutual settlement and negotiate on the amount,  you will have much peace in life instead of cribbing everyday in life. immediately file for divorce petition if the cases filed on you are false. if you keep hanging on to such a woman who has filed false cases on you, you will cry every minute of your life. bettter go for MCD. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 March 2015

If you have filed the case for divorce against her on the grounds of cruelty quoting the false cases under 498a and DV act, do not with draw it for the present, allow it to continue and go ahead with your prosecution proceedings so that she feels the pressure and pain.  If she is playing games holding you children and their future at stake, dont worry, this is just a gimmick, engage a prudent and skilled advocate and tackle the issue accordingly.  You stand up to the occasion, she may come with renewed conditions for settlement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register