LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopalan Nair   26 January 2017

District co-op. bank mischief

I own along with my estranged wife, a commercial property.  It is a 7 cents plot with a 2 storey commercial building.  3 cents of land in front is in my wife's name and the balance in my name, both covered by separate sale deeds.  The building is in both shares and I pay the corporation tax for the first floor and she for the ground floor.  The local district co-op. bank has advanced her a huge loan about 15 years back, on the influence of some board members.  The bank has taken the title deed of her share as security, without ascertaining the building details, ownership etc.  They did not even inform me.  Now the loan has become NPA and the bankers have attached her share.   They are unable to auction the property since the building is in both shares and no bidder will come forward.

What is the legal remedy for me since the bank is not willing to transfer the property even if I am willing to settle the dues?

Learning

3 Replies

DR.V.NEELAKANDAN (PROD MANAGER)     26 January 2017

Any body can selltle the dues on behalf but cant claim the right  of the property unless otherwise she or the legal heir gives consent in wrighting to transfer the ownership

Gopalan Nair   26 January 2017

That is the problem my friend.  She is not willing to transfer the ownership.  Even my daughter born thro her had requested this, but she refused.  She said you can pay the dues, but the ownership will not be transferred!  The loan she took from the co-op. bank was 14 lacs.  Now it is more than 50 lacs.  And the bankers do not know what is to be done, since in auction, they are not going to get anything more than 20 lacs.

vasant kulkarni (DEPUTY CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER)     26 March 2017

YOU SHOULD BRING SOME BIDDERS ON YOUR BEHALF TO GET THE AUCTION DONE,IN THE MEANTIME,ASK FOR ONE TIME SETTLEMENT.TAKE LEGAL SEARCH TO FIND OUT THE DETALIS OF BAKNS CHARGE ON THE PROPERTY.

YOU CAN APPROACH DIST. DEPUTY REGISTRAR COOP SOCIETY IN YOU AREA AND ASK OR DETIALED INQUIRY.IF YOU KNOW THE DIRECTORS NAME WRITE TO DDR.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register