LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kumar   13 September 2015

Distribution of property which got using tananted property a

Hi. My grandfather got an agriculture land using tananted act from someone. He gave some part of it to his brother. So can I claim my father's share in it as my father is now died. Can we call the all land my grandfather got as his self acquired land? Thank

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 September 2015

Is your grandfather alive, if yes, then you do not have any claim, if he has died, you have to confirm if he died intestate or have settled the property to anyone before his death by way of any settlement deed or by a Will etc. 

Confirm this and consult a local lawyer for next step. 

Amit Kumar   22 September 2015

No sir. My Grandfather ( father's Father) and my father also died. My Grand father gave rights to my father only (through mukteyar patr), to make distribution among all brothers ( my father's brothers). The land is distributed when both ( my father & grandfather) were alive. But the reason for my query is that one day, my father read online somewhere that a tanant (My grandfather) can not give his tananted property to his brothers. It should be given to family members only (family tree) of tanant. So is that true? If yes then i shall claim on the land which my grand father (tanant) gave to his brothers also ( my grandfather's brothers). He gave it because at that time there was a law that a person can not hold more than 100 acer land. So he gave extra land to his brothers too. I hope u could understand the issue. I don't have problem with my father's brothers. I have problem with my grandfather's brothers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register