LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

narinder_6in   16 August 2011

Dispute on property

My grandfather and father purchased some land and constructed a house on it in 1957 jointly by investing equal sums of money.  The registered documents are in joint name with the name of my grandfather appearing first.

My grandfather has expired in 1985 and he had five children (all married) - My father, two more sons and two daughters (one daughter also expired a copule of years back).  My grandmother had expired long before my grandfather.

Now we want to do a partition of the property and get the documents registered in separate names.  Please advise on the share held by each party and their respective children

Learning

3 Replies

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     16 August 2011

Since  there is  a  registered document in joint name of your father and your grand father  it clearly goes to shows that  both  your father and grand father  are  co-owners of  the property.     The  property will  be divided into two shares  in the first  place  that is between  your  father  and   your  grand father  each  having 50 % rights over  the  property in question.     Next  since   your grand father  has expired  his  share of 50 % will  divided among  all  his Legal heirs  equally  including  the  Legal heirs of  the  deceased daughter.  In this  property also u father is entitled to his share.      The  LEgal heirs of the deceased daughter  will enjoy  the share of  their mother  which  she is  entitled if  she  was  alive.

Mahadeva  Rao  G.   9845285555  ADVOCATE   BANGALORE.

narinder_6in   17 August 2011

Thank you Mahadeva Sir for your reply

Please advise on the legal heirs of my grandfather's share - Will it be my father, other two sons, one daughter and as advised by you the legal heirs of the deceased daughter?  I believe the children of all these people would not be entitled to any share for now.

Also in case of the deceased daughter who would be her legal heir - her husband or all her children? She has 4 daughters and one son.

Please advise as I believe all legal heirs would have to sign the documents and present themselves before the registrar to get the separate registered documents as per their share.

parag (director)     17 August 2011

paragI am Online

director [edit] 
[edit photo] 

[ Scorecard : 34]

Help me,

i had purchased a NIT regularised ULC plot of Housing socieytyin 2004 with area 650sqft,in 2007 after reallocation of plots i got extra area of abt 250sqft.i HAVE PAID ALL THE RELATED DUES LIKE Demand of NIT of rest of the Area i got.Now i want to change area in Aakhiv patrika of City servey,when i approached them they asked me for a Correction deed of rest area.here is a problem when i request to the secretery of housing society he asked me for a compensatiion, so is it legal what he is demanding or NIT will produce me the correction deed. pls sir help me for this.....

i have a fresh copy of Regulerisation Letter(RL letter )of NIT with full Area i alloted

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register