LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANJAY (STUDENT)     30 March 2021

Disinherit son from self acquired property

I have self acquired properties  in Gurgaon. I live with my wife and 2 adult sons. My  wife is having  a 50% share in the apartment. i paid for.

The elder son has got recently engaged and i spent significant money

He keeps threatening me to spend more on his marriage ceremony which I cant afford. Of late he has been using highly abusive language and threatening to beat me physically . I fear  things will take a turn for the worse when he gets married and brings his wife  over.

He has no job does no work and has made all  big losses in business I set up for him At 30 years he is still living off me and abusing me

I want to disinherit him  but my wife is not supportive . I am keen to proceed  and also consider making an NGO or Trust  where i out my farm lands 

any lawyer in Gurgaon for this ..

PLEASE ADVISE WITH  comments and suggestion ..step by step appraoc 

Learning

1 Replies

Sanjay Narayandas (Advocate)     31 March 2021

Hi, 

I am not a lawyer based out of Gurgaon but I just think that why not just register a gift deed in favor of your second son? That way, he won't have any rights whatsoever on your properties. If it is to avoid fights between both the brothers, then I understand the decision to not make it to the Younger son. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register