LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BALDEVBHAI MANEKLAL PATEL (PRINCIPAL)     07 August 2012

Dishonour of cheque

I had lended Rs 100000  by crossed cheque to my relative for two months by making promissory note. I was given an undated cheque towards this transaction.The pro. note is payable on demand.On expiry of two months the pro. note was presented before the borrower. The borrower has written on pro.note that " The pro. note has been presented before me for payment. " and then  he has signed also on pro.note. Thenafter I had told him clearly that I am going to deposit your cheque in my bank account. Unfortunately the cheque has been dishonoured with returne-memo indicating  "  Insufficient fund " by my Axis bank. On the next day a proper notice was given to the drawer regarding dishonour of cheque and demand for the payment in writing. Today  the time limit of 15 days is completed. No reply from drawer. In the next 10 days  i want to go for complaint before the court under clause 138 of N.I. ACT. As no option is left by the borrower.

Now sir, my question is that   Is it obligatory to receive ( get )  CERTIFICATE OF PROTEST from the Notary public in this case ?

Respected sir, please reply me.    Meanwhile thanking you.

B.M. PATEL

Ee-mail id --    ketbalpatel@yahoo.co.in              Mo.-  9925288678

7th August 2012

Learning

1 Replies

RAHUL KANSAL 9041629676 (ADVOCATE)     12 August 2012

your question is incompleate because for filing a complaint there is no need of certificate of protest  from Notary public. and it is not understand why you need a certificate of protest. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register