Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishi Gupta (Senior Manager)     13 December 2013

Credit card payment

Hello Sir, 

My standard chartered Credit card payment due date is 13th Dec 2013. I dropped the cheque on 13th Dec 2013 at 9pm at the standard chartered bank dropbox.

Question: I have dropped the cheque (with sufficient funds in the bank) today, will this be regarded as a payment well in due date or will I be liable to pay charges of late payment.

Consider the fact that I dropped the cheque at proper place with in due date before the day finishes but it will be collected by collection boy on next day.

Please help.

Learning

5 Replies

Girish Kumar (Jr.Advocate)     14 December 2013

1. Even though you have dropped cheque on the due day, only if the bank realizes the amount with in the same day, if not bank can levy late payment charges.
2. If the cheque and credit card are from same bank (Standard Bank) they can consider one day delay in the payment, as you are not a defaulter.

3. If the cheque and credit card are from different banks, it would take 2-3 days for the bank to realize the due amount. even if they levy late payment charges, you can approach through customer care and ask them for removal of interest charges.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 December 2013

I think Mr. Girish Kumar has given some valuable suggestions.

1 Like

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     19 December 2013

The payment due date in respect of Credit card is considered as the date by which the Bank should "receive" the payment and not the date by which you 'make" the payment. These days since the accounts are automated, the late charge will be automatically included in your next Bill after say 23:59 Hrs on that date. Sometimes, if the delay is one day or so, then on your request and if your credit rating is good, the Bank may waive off the Late fee by crediting the amount in your Credit Card account.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     20 December 2013

The Bank should receive the payment by due date. You shall be liable to pay late charges. 

Ashok gupta (Advocate)     23 December 2013

All the above comment give you so many valuable suggestion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More