Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wife getting maintenance acc. to hubby's income becomes news

Page no : 10

(Guest)

Yes you are right.In India laws exist only on paper.In reality,things are different.

Read this famous thread,which also raised this point,the same which you are raising..Its anniversary is on 18th July 2011.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Do-matrimonial-laws-REALLY-FAVOR-WOMEN--21656.asp

1 Like

(Guest)

It's the same way we create reservations for SC/ST, legalize slums and pay women who don't work despite an education.  instead of making any real social changes, only some ridiculous laws are made. The result is the warped legal and social set up we have today.

(Guest)

yes law is in paper only.Even in DV act Court's capacity is too restricted in practical.Courts orders are to be enforced by police, if police is corrupted then this Act becomes a mockery for the victim.

2 Like

(Guest)

Indian girls(except some metro girls) are made to grow with a mindset thet she will earn some degree to get a good groom , then married to breed kids and to serve the family .If the family runs smoothly, then its okay.But if they get some dispute with hubby's and get separated then ,it is alwz not possible fr them to find a job immediately.Again she takes a lot of time to get over the trauma of this separation/divorce.

(Guest)

ye thread fir se jinda ho gaya..!!:)

1 Like

(Guest)

Oh, it took me 6 months of running around and several RTI appeals to get summons served to one party in my case (out of three). Courts are an obstacle course created to tire out and discourage law abiding people. Once upon a time, I used to frequent psychology-related sites and was fascinated with how a psychopath's mind works. Now I am fascinated with the logic and reasoning behind court judgements. Judges seem as lost as mentally ill people.

2 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     28 May 2011

Originally posted by :utpala kaur
"
Indian girls(except some metro girls) are made to grow with a mindset thet she will earn some degree to get a good groom , then married to breed kids and to serve the family .If the family runs smoothly, then its okay.But if they get some dispute with hubby's and get separated then ,it is alwz not possible fr them to find a job immediately.Again she takes a lot of time to get over the trauma of this separation/divorce.
"

Correct.

Who says it's easy to get job after separation?

Many girls who separate are way above 26-27.In many pvt. and govt. jobs,there's an age limit to get job,like 30 yrs.

In few govt jobs they have age relaxation for separated/divorced women upto 35-45 yrs.Now imagine the plight of a woman who's separated after 45 yrs.

Then no such relaxation in private sector.And all are not lucky enough to get into govt. sector,even if they fall withing age relaxation range.There are tough comeptitive exams for govt. jobs now,even for the post of a bus driver!

In some pvt. jobs,age limit is 30.Even if a girl manages to get one,not necessary that salary is good.They may pay in starting just 6,000.

Now,if matrimonial laws are a big headache,so are the labour and employment laws.

They are also misused by employers.Now if she becomes victim of this misuse also,the  has to fight marriage problemt +employment problem.So she bears employment problem somehow,otherwise her life will revolve around matrimonial and employment related litigation..Also since she needs money to survive.

Private employers may keep the her on contractual basis,instead of probation.and never make her permanent.She can be easily fired.Then if she has a child,she has added responsibility,looking after it after the job.If she has less education,then further studies+child + job,so that she can get a rise in future.So much struggle.

Even if she gets Rs.20,000,but an unstable temporary job,courts won't see that.They will only note that she's earning after summoning her employers and will order less or no maintenance.Tomorrow if she's fired from the job 1 month after dismissal of her maintenance application,there will be a new struggle to find a job again+no maintenance to keep her going.

During llitigation,if she hires a pvt. lawyer,then 3 challenges....Marriage litigation+job insecurity+lawyers' fees & his moods(if she gets bad lawyer)+judges' moods

And people just note one thing...Oh she's earning....She's independent(As if they talk of American woman independence)

If she gets luckily a good maintenance and wants to live in a better way after so much struggle,she may spend some money on her comfort.But they say...Look she's enjoying the free money after treating husband as ATM.

Some metro women might be bad.But above I am talking about the plight of  a middle class genuinely harassed girl.

2 Like

(Guest)

Life in incredible India is very tough and distressing.I don't know why I was born here:(

(Guest)

Meenal: Just imagine, what would have happened if we had missed our target by a 1-2 thousand kms. Could be getting chased by taliban right now for blasphemy

(Guest)

won't be long before the agony-uncle club strikes here. why doesn't LCI give a most-abused-man award?  There are a bunch of nominees who aren't getting the recognition they deserve.

(Guest)

@Meenal Bahadur And Uma

"Life in incredible India is very tough and distressing.I don't know why I was born here"

Hamari (not me)  zindagi bhi hamare hindi filmo ke jaisa hi hai.. jaha pe end mein sab kuch theek ho jaata hai.."Happies Endings".. Lekin agar End mein sab kuch theek na ho to woh the end nahi hain dosto.. Picture abhi baaki hai mere Dost.;)

1 Like

syed (Branch incharge)     28 May 2011

Good posting, good argument, good suggestions, good support to both female & male - what else you want in this thread

Its like masala movie - become hit,

hema (law officer)     28 May 2011

roshni madam, you put the plight of such unfortunate women in a correct manner.  the woman involved in matrimonial disputes or a divorcee or a separated spouse faces innumerable problems in her personal life but also in her professional life, which you described very, very accurately.  how properly you analyzed the employment laws prevailing in the country.  Only one point you have missed is that a woman with the above problems face s*xual harassment in work place in higher degree than the other women.  some of the men have a wrong notion that a divorcee or a separate woman is easy prey to devour.  behind her back, even the class IV staff refer to about her in most derogatory manner.  

1 Like

(Guest)

hema, Isnt this the same kind of treatment which you give to those who are suffering in the hands of law misuse?

Socha hai, un sisters ko unke workplace par unnecessarily kitna humiliation hota hoga jo arrest hui thi?

Aur ye sisters job bhi nahi chod sakti bcoz they wont get maintenance and/or litigation expenses either and will still need to fight the false cases out!..some such sisters commit suicide and the reason is never even reported in papers just bcoz they are unmarried and not WIVES...

I always say that these laws hav not really helped the genuine victims at all, these can only be afforded by ill-intentioned and powerful ones. Not just an innocent hubby gets victimized, even a wife gets nothing if she is not cruel and greedy! The system takes away most of it...

A woman who has given many precious years of her life to her marriage and done all her duties, is treated at par (by the system and many so-called law officers) with an extortionist who leaves the hubby just to gain a lifelong alimony.....this kind of approach by the system brings insult to womanhood in society, and even the good ladies suffer.

I have observed, people have all sympathy for wives, but no support and no sympathy for unmarried sisters abused and ruined in these cases.

Start differentiating between the two categories of wives: one who suffers and one who just makes others suffer...else the good ones will also be seen with suspicion and will never get justice...

1 Like

zimmerzapper (student)     28 May 2011

Originally posted by :LiveAndLetLive
" hema, Isnt this the same kind of treatment which you give to those who are suffering in the hands of law misuse?

Socha hai, un sisters ko unke workplace par unnecessarily kitna humiliation hota hoga jo arrest hui thi?

Aur ye sisters job bhi nahi chod sakti bcoz they wont get maintenance and/or litigation expenses either and will still need to fight the false cases out!..some such sisters commit suicide and the reason is never even reported in papers just bcoz they are unmarried and not WIVES...

I always say that these laws hav not really helped the genuine victims at all, these can only be afforded by ill-intentioned and powerful ones. Not just an innocent hubby gets victimized, even a wife gets nothing if she is not cruel and greedy! The system takes away most of it...

A woman who has given many precious years of her life to her marriage and done all her duties, is treated at par (by the system and many so-called law officers) with an extortionist who leaves the hubby just to gain a lifelong alimony.....this kind of approach by the system brings insult to womanhood in society, and even the good ladies suffer.

I have observed, people have all sympathy for wives, but no support and no sympathy for unmarried sisters abused and ruined in these cases.

Start differentiating between the two categories of wives: one who suffers and one who just makes others suffer...else the good ones will also be seen with suspicion and will never get justice...
"

what about the men who suffer from those cases?