LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     02 March 2021

Easement issues - existing road. can owner stop usage now?

I own a plot of land. The only access to this plot is through another plot. For two decades or more my family has accessed my plot through the road passing thru this plot. This road is marked on local village map. However, the owner was never paid for the road area by the village or panchayat or municipality.  I recently repaired this road as it was severely damaged. The owner of the plot is furious.

Questions:

1. Can he destroy the road?

2. Can he prevent me access altogether to this road now?

Thank you.

Learning

4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 March 2021

No he cannot block the road since you are using that road from long. You have an easmentary right to use the road 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     02 March 2021

No, If you are using the road from more than twenty years then owner of plot can neither block the road nor make any obstraction to you for it's use .You have got easmentary right to use it.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 March 2021

Get a permanent injunction by contacting a local advocate through the process of court as you wish to get a legal remedy permanently.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 March 2021

What do you mean by 'road'? Is it being used for plying four-wheeler vehicles for the past twenty years? What has been your compulsion to repair the road/pathway?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register