Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti   18 December 2019

Landloser bda plot in bangalore

Hello Respected Sirs,

Need to sell a property that we had purchased long time back. It is a land loser property which was alloted to a person X by MUDA in return of land acquired by BDA(Bangalore Urban Development Authority) belonging to person X for site allotment. It was alloted at a concesstional rate to him.

Now we purchased that land loser site from person X to whom it was given by BDA. While selling both the allotee and his children have signed. We have the title deed also in our name which was taken later after they sold the property. Many of the buyers are going back as they say that we don't know how many children were there and if one of the children puts a case in court we will be in trouble. On paper on the sale deed they have mentioned that the allotee and his children are the only heirs to the property. However buyers claim sometimes someone can surface saying that they have not got the share and put a case in case they are left out. So no one wants to take the risk. However my question is after land is surrendered to BDA how can anyone claim their share. Is it permitted as per law.

However we were  suggested to get the family tree of the original land loser which depicts the number of his children along with him which will be attested by the Tahasildar.  We don't know where is the seller as it was purchased 20 years back. Is family tree needed. If we get it. What is the authenticity of the family tree. Inspite of that someone can come and put the case I suppose. Under the current circumstances we cannot get the family tree as the original seller is not traceable.

Since Title deed is in our name will that be sufficient. In the sale deed I saw a clause in which the allottee and his sons mentioning that they are the only heirs to the said property and there is no other heirs to the said property. There is no mention of the wife or daughters. I am not sure whether there were any or they had died or not there. So they claiming that they are the only heirs is sufficient or not is my question.

Kindly let me know what can one do so that the buyer/seller of such property is not in any kind of trouble for buying/selling this. I would like to know the rules applicable for buying or selling a land loser property. How to be safe as per law. 

Thanks in advance for your help, inputs and time.
Shruti Raghavan

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 December 2019

Please understand the limitations of responding members in an open forum.  Your case is a complicated one and requires study of several documents, please form as a group and engage a competent advocate to find an immediate remedy.  No sort of guidance helps you practically as several things must be looked into and several rounds of discussions are needed in your case.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 January 2020

Was the land of X acquired in lieu of the of the property that was allotted or is it that he was paid compensation as well? In other words,  was the property allotted to X was in addition to the due compensation that he had received? Please try to ascertain.

Shruti (Software Engineer)     09 February 2020

Respected Venu Sir,
Thanks for the replly. Whether any compensation was paid in addition to this allotment I am not aware of. That information is not available anywhere. May be it is available with BDA which they are not ready to share. However this plot is alloted in a single person name. All I am trying to understand is the rights over this alloted property. This property was alloted at a concessional rate. What rights do the children have on this property. If at the time of allotment any children or grandchildren were minor or whatever is the case can they put any claim on this property any time later in life which can put the purchaser of such plot in trouble.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More