Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

can an advocate practice different proffession

Page no : 2

Narayanan. R (Advocate)     04 September 2008

Dear ashish,  the law profession is closely related to the people and the society in the larger extent and it is a noble profession. also self profession.  therefore the advocates act restict a registered advocate from practising active other business or commercial establihsments. 

but we can be a silent partner without taking part of day-to-day affairs of the business in any other concern with intimation to concerned bar councils.  i.e. you can be silent part of a partnership firm, be a part-time director of a pvt ltd company but cannt be a MD, be a one of the trustee in aTrust without holding the daily affairs, any member of forums, like wise but the same should be informed to the respective bar councils.

Guest (n/a)     09 September 2008

can an advocate practice or business different professionor business

prof s c pratihar ( urologist &legal studies)     16 September 2008

very rich discussion is over.the sum and substance is  you can not accept a vokalatnama.

Guest (n/a)     17 September 2008

sir,

am doing my first year BL in Annamalai university distance learning ,.after my course can i register and practise in civil courts if i should not practise what is the use of this degree

Please advise

yogesh (will tell you later)     17 September 2008

By BL you can utilise your knowlege regarding legal matters where appearance is not required.You can gain knowledge and may even apply for jobs in pvt/Govt sectors where knowlege of law is desirable

If u  want to practise you need to do regualr course recognised by BCI .If you don't have spare time then evening colleges can be the good option must affiliation is mandatory

IGNOU  is trying to start the LL.B course and their affiliation with BCI has not been finalised

In foreign countries U.S some statres has syaarted the Juris.doctor course which is run by distance education

regards

arunprakaash.m. (advocate)     18 September 2008

Your degree of BGL from annamalai university has not been recognised by the BCI. So there is no question of procticing still it serves academic purpose.

Guest (n/a)     18 September 2008

Thanks much for the comments

But Annamalai university study centre says we can practice am bit confused on this if so am working my age is 32 what is the best way for me

I wanted to Practice Law   there was no one to guide me in my college day i have completed my BG and became Manager HR in a software co,,

But , My motto I wanted to serve this society and urge to serve people makes me to ask this

Please Advise

yogesh (will tell you later)     19 September 2008

Dear Arun Prakash,

As far as my knowledge is concerned,the prospectus of Annamalai University clearly staes taht BAL,BGL are only academic degrees and dowesnot entitle for practise

You can use this degree for academic purpose only when there is additional requirement for knowledge of law

You are 32 years old and interested in pursuing the law.Why don't u try evening colleges.Not only you there are many IAS,IPS,ACADEMICIANS,PROFESSORS who are even at the retirement age pursue this career.Remember,education has got no age barriers and learning can be done at any age

Moreover this also provides you the security in case of any resiccision or in case of retrencement

Best of luck go head

Guest (n/a)     19 September 2008

Thank you very much sir

I will certainly go & take  up evening college in chennai

can you pls go through this link and tell me which course on the acadamic side is ideal for me

https://annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/distance_regular_lprogram.htm

tks & Rgds

Aravind

Narayanan. R (Advocate)     24 September 2008

the reply by Mr. Yogesh is right

the annamalai university course will not be useful for register yourself for practice as advocate before the bar council of tamilnadu

mastanrao.bhogadi (advocate)     28 September 2008

Reply by Yogesh sir and Sashikumar sir are correct .You please follow their advice.

yogesh (will tell you later)     28 September 2008

Dear Aravind,

I have gone through the contents of Annamalai University Law Programmes. BAL is an academic programme which gives you wide arnge of knowledge abou the law subjects.LL.M is an academic degree earlier the Unuiversity used to give M.L degree .This programme is meant for those who may be advocates in courts but also interested for earning degree at Master Level. In addition to this they can also be eligible for UGC-NET and lecturership .Please consult the UGC whether programme is recognised by them or not? here Recognisition by BCI  may be immaterial as individual only needs recognised LL.B degree to practise law

As far as diploma programmes are concerned one need not be Law graduate .this is meant for learning and acquisition of knowledge who wants it at extreme level such as Taxation,Corporate law,cyber laws,Intellectual Property Rights

If you are qulaified engineer,MBA,CS You can also take advantage of these programmes

yogesh

Adv.Husain (Advocate)     10 June 2009

suggestion given by all of thm is correct....but you can do part time employment which do not affect you legal profession, u can be legal adviser, silent partner in firm,

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     11 June 2009

A one of my friend recently joined government’s job as an Protection Officer Domestic violation against women as contract of three year. Please tell me that she may surrender her enrolment as an advocate to bar council or not? If yes, then what is the producer.

Please tell us when same one want to shift their enrolment to one bar council to another one what is the producer.

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     11 June 2009

A one of my friend recently joined government’s job as an Protection Officer Domestic violation against women as contract of three year. Please tell me that she may surrender her enrolment as an advocate to bar council or not? If yes, then what is the producer.

Please tell us when an advocate want to shift their enrolment to one bar council to another one what is the producer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register