Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna Chandra Das (abc)     08 March 2014

Desertation

Dear sir/madam,
It is submitted that, in Dec/12 my son was married and subsequently my son and my daughter in law started their family life at my son's work place in Europe.
After spending one year at the work place, the couple came to India on a vaccation in Dec/13.During their stay at this place my daughter in law left my son abruptly , without any consent/discussion and gone to her home  along with her parents. There was no much violence in any respect  existed ,other than harsh attitude and arrogance by her.Their visit in India was strictly  pre scheduled and  their return air tickets were booked from the starting place of their journey accordingly.My son had to join his work place on  time before  expiry of the leaves; on the other hand my daughter in law did not return to son's home and ultimately my son was compelled to go back alone to his work place while cancelling her air tickets. Since then(arround two months) my son is living alone at his home, in his work place. Her irresposible attitude caused immense difficulties in various aspects to my son as well to my family as a whole. Her abrupt deperture/desertation appears to be a pre-planed move by her with the help of her parents.

At this juncture I am confused and unaware that what should be the next course of action by us , her attitude/behaviour indicates that 
further peaceful conjugal life may not be possible between them. An attempt for a reunion,  may create more adversity/ loss of peace in life.Your  kind advice is saught for further action  please.

Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr. Shekhar (Phd)     09 March 2014

Dear sir, My wife who has deserted me has sent me below email from overseas. And wants me to file divorce application myself without her coming to India and involving any more in this case. She wants it to be ex parte decided. Kindly inform whether it will be better to go for contested application with desertion case or mutual consent without her presence or a combination of mutual consent and desertion as it’s for sure that she is not going to come from overseas for this case as is evidence from her email below also which has been sent as a note with her signature also. Email as I understand is an acceptable evidence under the Indian Evidence Act 1872 although it might be verified by the court whether she has sent it or not.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks

Kind regards

RKumar

> I married on 10/08/2011 with Rakesh Kumar at Delhi under the Hindu

> Marriage Act and lived with him till 24/7/13 when I left for native place in Russia.

> Due to social and cultural differences I unable to continue to live

> with him. As such I see no possibility and no solution of living with

> him anymore. My views of family life are different with him and I

> cannot prove myself to be his wife. I find myself very difficult to

> accept, adjust and continue to accept Hindu religion, customs and

> rites.As such it shall be better in the interest of both to depart and

> live peacefully in our own way in future. Accordingly I suggest to

> divorce the relationship mutually in the interest of both. There was no

> issue out of this wedlock. I do not have anything to claim whatsoever

> from him. I suggest any further legal formalities whatever maybe

> required be completed soon without my physical presence.

> 

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     09 March 2014

I advice to file a mutual Divorce petition signed by husband and wife's signature shall be verified according to Indian Oaths Act.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 March 2014

@Krishna Chandra Das: Your query regarding your daughter-in-law's sudden change in her behavior deserting her husband as well as her matrimonial home without any reason has put you into confusion, right? But do you came to conclusion that the resumption of conjugal relationship between them any more is impossible?  and also how do you say that an attempt for their reunion may create more adversity and loss of peace?, you being an elderly person at home, should probe into the reasons for the present awkward situation and embarrassing moments between them, it is you who has to talk to her parents and arrange for a compromise and their reunion by reconciling all the issues, instead your query raises eyebrows.  This, if nothing seriously took place at abroad during their stay together there, can be very well sorted out by sitting talking out all issues instead of looking for legal solutions at this early stage.  You have to initiate for  peace broking process.  Alternately, just keep watching the developments by doing nothing for another six months period, wherein the passage of time will solve many issues.  Do not hurry up for solving the issues legally, you will land up in the trap set up by your ownself thus.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register