LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Help (Mgr)     10 January 2014

Deported stamp indian passport,can i travel to other country

Thank you in advance for your sincere replies.

I admit to my fault, i have paid high price of redeeming my mistake, i have got myself back together, requesting any sincere help i can get from this forum.

I was caught up in sting operation for chatting with supposedly underage person there was no personal contact, i got deported from US with felony. Totally out of my character but paid huge price for this. 

I want to understand if i could obtain visa to travel to other countries except US, my work will make me travel and it is becoming imperative for me to understand how this works. 

I have valid passport till end of this year. 

Thank you for your patience and look fwd for help.

Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     13 January 2014

You can travel. The problem is that most visa and entry forms will ask you if you were deported and most probably would find out if you don't tell the truth. That will work against you being approved for entry but is not the only thing an immigration officer will take into account. If there are other circumstances in your favor that can negate the deportation issue you might be issued a visa. Talk to the relevant consul from the country you intend to travel to for more information on the matter. 
In sum with deportation on your record international travel will be more difficult in terms of admission to a foreign country but by no means prohibited

Q Slinger (NA)     17 January 2014

agree 100% with Adv Raghavan. Very well written sir.

Just remember one thing, if you were going to, lets say England and lied on the visa application form to get the visa, you probably dug a bigger hole for yourself. Cos once they find out and cancel your visa..you, for the rest of your life, have to explain on why one country deported you and another cancelled your visa. 

Now a days, background check are also part of the visa process so there is no easy way out. Only thing you can do is be honest and keep fingers crossed and hope other countries will let you in. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register