Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs . Shanta Rani (Housewife)     25 August 2011

Denied access to water meter

I live in building in DELHi build like a KOTHI. This is a 2 and a half floor kothi. Recently, my aunt sold her share in the ground floor unit . The buyer is trying to push us sell our floors to him.

As an action he has denied us access to our water meter. and connection Thereby, neither our meter can be read nor any repairs can be carried out . Initially,Till recently, he had his watch man gaurding his property, but ,now  he has also removed him also .

My question is ....

A) Can he deny us access?

B) If no, what action should I initiate considering that no one stays in his part of the property.

C) DO I need to file a complaint? If so? under what section and with whom?

D) How fast can I get a solution to this?


 2 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     25 August 2011

he cannot deny these rights to you.


you may file a proper civil suit for this purpose, and in case there is some imminent threat from him then you may approach the police for protection of your life and liberty.

1 Like

Mrs . Shanta Rani (Housewife)     26 August 2011

Mr Kumar,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply !

Sir, I guess this is going to take a lot of time. Till such time what can I do. I do not have water supply Can the police or DJB force enter the place? Or force him to provide access to me?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query