LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chirag Raval (NWA)     17 June 2013

Delay in possession and not paying interest

Hi, I booked a flat with builder Pune in Dec-2009, As per the discussion with builder the work would start in Jan 2010. and the agreement will be done month of April 2010. But due to technical issues they did not get NA etc…The work started but was slow. Due to technical issues The agreement was done in month of June 2011 (1 1/2 year after the booking). initially the builder said that balcony will be charged 30%. But while agreement it was charged 80% of it.

The builder call me to the registration office stating that agreement will be done next day at so& so time. Once the agreement was done i can to know that the possession date was 24 months form the date of agreement. When discussed with builder said it is a typo mistake and will be done by end of mar 2012. i did not argue on the same and believed the builder.

The builder sent a letter for the payment as per the slabs in agreement in the moth of august 2011. When went to the builder for the payment he requested for if i can pay 100% of the agreement value and will pay me the 1.25% interest for the same on which i agreed upon but did not make any agreement OR document for the same. The Site is not ready till date and Builder gave me the interest in march 2012 and Dec 2012 with deducting the TDS. Now possession will be given to me on end of May 2013, but he denies to give the Interest. What can be done on the above case ?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register