LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Ganesan   01 August 2021

Delay in getting succession certificate

My nephew died last year and my Mother-in-law applied for Succession Certificate on Aug-20 through lawyer and still we didn't get the succession certificate and if we check with lawyer he said that adjournment is postponed. pls suggest on that to get the certificate at earliest

Learning

9 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     01 August 2021

Legal heir certificate issued by Tahasildar is as good as succession certificate unless specifically required.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 August 2021

Normal Court functioning has been stalled all over Indian judiciary due to pandemic COVID-19, which you are well aware, you have the only option to wait for commencement of court functioning .

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 August 2021

Can you please inform the purpose of the Succession certificate and other legal heirs for the deceased?

Kumar Ganesan   02 August 2021

My Nephew who passed last year invested in FD without Nominee and the bank is asking for Succession certificate to my in-laws, as they having the legal heir certificate but the bank is not convinced as the amount is greater than 30 L.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 August 2021

When you reply, please reply in full.  You are silent on questions and other legal heirs for the deceased?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 August 2021

In the absence of nomination or will, the heirs to a piece of property or financial assets are required to prove their claims to them. In such cases, depending on the asset, an heir might be asked to produce either the succession certificate or the letter of administration.

For movable property like the provident fund, bank deposits, shares, loans, or other securities, the succession certificate is required.Now present situation is Courts are not functioning physically because of COVID-19. wait and see. 

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     02 August 2021

If the case is filed for obtaining Succession Certificate in the Civil Court, then Proclamation  in this regard is ordered by Court to publish in any daily news Paper. At least this order has been passed by Court or not. In some states full fledged court functioning  is commenced.  You can view your case in E-courts app for all details such as hearing dates, orders passed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 August 2021

Originally posted by : H.JanakiManohar Rao
Legal heir certificate issued by Tahasildar is as good as succession certificate unless specifically required.

LR Certificate can not be equated with succession certificate.for any purpose.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 August 2021

You may ascertain the case status from e-courts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register