Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saravanan K   27 November 2023

Delay in divorce case more than 7 years

Kind attention to all Legal Experts,

This is true story, there is delay in court proceedings, how my life is affected is explained in this mail.

I humbly pray to read and guide me how settled my problem.

I am Saravanan, aged 42, I completed BE (from uneducated and poor family background) working as Scientist in reputed Central Govt organization at Trivandrum, Kerala. Married in 2009, we have female baby 13 year old studying 7 th standard. Since marriage there is no cooperation by my wife, she is fighting with all my relatives, house owners wife, neighbors, friends wife etc. She refused to provide food for me. She refused marital relation, for past 10 years there is no marital relation between us.

I tried my best to living with her she never cooperate with me and she is not at all dutiful wife to me. She forcefully occupied my own flat (purchased through HDFC home loan) at Trivandrum and evacuated me. She also forcefully try to occupy my parents house at Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu. This marital relation irretrievably broken, hence I filed a divorce petition in 2017 under mental cruelty ground. I also filled Guardian and wards in 2019 and no progress.

Family counselling held and not settled, mediation also held around 2 years, not settled. Three mediates are involved in this case. She told me that she will not leave me at any cost and she will not give me divorce. She wrote a letter to my office and revealing family disputes to my my reporting officer and colleagues. l am regularly paying Rs.15,000 per month as maintenance, and taking care of food, education, medical etc. Presently, i am living in rented house. For the past 10 years I have been taking hotel food, due to this I have health problem also. She never allowed my parents to see and speak with my daughter. I was personally, officially and socially affected due to this marriage.

I tried my level best, but the case is not progressing well, in this process almost I lost 10 year. I am struggling for food, health, house and I could not full fill any of my desire. I am living lonely without love, support and care. My parents are old age and both were fighting for health. My father undergone heart Angioplasty. Me and my family members were continuously threatened by my wire and their parents. She was purposefully dragging this case in every stages, presently the case is at final stage, but she is not cooperating.

I could personally see lot of people are fighting their livelihood in the family court. In this process, they lost age, health, peace, money, property etc., I too lost the same. why too much delay is happening for matrimonial cases.

Hence, I humbly request you all provide suitable solution my case at the earliest possible.

Faithfully,

K.Saravanan, Trivandrum, Kerala

Learning

1 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 November 2023

Facts posted suggest marital cruelty on the part of the wife. The onus rests with your advocate in expediting the matter. If need be, the High Court could be approached under Article 227 seeking  directions to the Trial  Court disposal of the Petition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register