Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

krishna (architect)     07 June 2011

Defamation suit

hi,

Few months back my father had settled legal dispute about property with his younger brother.

recently when my father visited our native place my uncle disallowed him to use his part of farms saying that some 20000 rs are still due to be paid and he shoud pay it first to use the farms. my father complained to police and nothing happend. then i emailed to dig office and after lot of complaints and round trips to dig office the local police incharge was instructed to look into matter and provide details. The local police incharge then one day called my father and his brother with all necessary settlement documents. the police after going through documents scolded my uncle and told him to settle this dispute asap and told him that his demand for 20k rs was not valid.

My uncle has threated us that he as filed some  defamation suit (manhani dawa) of 80,000 rs , details of which are yet to come. 

Please advice what should we do to handle this situation. or what we could do in advance before we get is notice.

thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     09 June 2011

Dont worry my friend!

Ingredients to satisfy the defamation u/s 500 of IPC are clearly lacking in this matter. It is very much impossible to satisfy the court that the said matter falls under section 500 of IPC. You may contact me if u wish on my mobile 9967056980.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     09 June 2011

fit case for sec.500 ipc.

just filed complaint u/s-500 ipc before the court,

and show all the evidences with anexure.

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     10 June 2011

Respected Sir (Adv. Sarvesh) I differ with u . U/s 499(8)IPC complaints given to appropriate authority is not defamation. Kindly advice if Iam wrong

Adv. Sandeep Naik

sai (software engineer)     19 February 2012

@ sandeep naik sir.

i may call you in a week's time.

This is sai ranjan mohanty.

I am a software engg. kindly mail me back if it wont be a disturbance at  sairanjan.mohanty@tcs.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register