LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shyam lal   03 September 2022

Deceased wife property share

Can the husband of the deceased wife give a power of attorney to a third person in respect to the sale of  wife's share in the undivided immovable property .


 1 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 September 2022

No, deceased wife's share in undivided property will devolve to her husband and children eqully so husband will not become absolute owner of deceased wife's share in property so he can't give alone power of attorney to sell the wife's share to anyone.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query