Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hafsal (BDM)     26 May 2011

Deceased Mom's Property

Hi,

I want to clarify the following doubts

****  My mom deceased  4 years back....At that time there was an ancestral property(Value comes around 1 CR) in her name...

***** I have one sister...and my dad is alive... He had a re-marraige after my mom's death...

***** I am damn sure the property was in my mom's name @ the time of her death....

**** I want to know , whether i can claim for that property as per Muslim ancestral LAW...

*** If So what will be the part of Share...How will be the terms of partition...

or else is ther any chance that my sister and dad can share the assets without my approval...or else if they already done that.. can I move legally to get back it....

Please advice.....am an NRI & i rarely visit my hometown after my mom's death......so am not aware of th procedures....

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     26 May 2011

where are you from ? which state ? the ancestral property is made will or any other document having .give full details

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     26 May 2011

You give a details for your problem, If this is ancestral your right in this property and without your concent your sister and father not sale this property.

Hafsal (BDM)     26 May 2011

it is ancestral property...ie: property of my Grandfather partitioned  and gvn to my Mom....and my mom doesn't prepared any """WILL"" at the tym of her death...... So the registration of the property is still under her name .... The location is  "" CALICUT"" dist , ""Kerala"" State..... So as per the Muslim inheritance LAW What & How will be my Share in the property....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register