Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adilakshmi (gm)     06 February 2010

Daughters right in fathers prpoerty

Dear sir,

I Adilakshmi, 42 years, want to know my right in my fathers property. we are 3 sisters and 1 brother. My father has 2 acers of ancestral and 2 acers of his own. proprty is in Andhrapradesh state and i reside in the same state only. please tell me what is my right in my fathers property. my father is alive. can i file a partision suit on my father???  

Learning

3 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     06 February 2010

You can file a partition suit on your rights in ancestral property only.

As regards the self acquired property of your father, you also have equal share as like your brother and other sisters.   After your father's lifetime you can claim equal share in your father's self acquired property.  

But if your father settles his self acquired property in anyone's favour you cannot claim any share.

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     06 February 2010

If no partition is effected, you can file a suit for partition and seperate possession of  your share in the ancestral property. Your father, during his life time,has the right to disposeoff  his self acquired  property at his wish . Unless he voluntarily allots a share, you are not entitled to seek for share in his self acquired lands. If he dies intestate(i.e.,without will) then you are eligible for share in the said land

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     11 February 2010

Yes you have a right in your father's property.

During his lifetime, he can dispose it off the way he wants, write a will, gift it away.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register