Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik (Senior Account Manager)     11 July 2010

Date of Birth Change

Dear Sir,

I want to change my Date of Birth as per my school certifcates in the Passport. Initially when I applied for the passport in 1992, I got my paspport with DOB as 15-Oct-1969 and i didnt bother much of the mistakes happend, But my DOB is on 15th Jun 1971. I didnt bother much at the time of getting my Passport. My place of birth is Madurai. On all my transcations like Driving License , my higher studies i had given as per my 10th/12th school certifcate as 15-6-1971.

Please advise me how i can proceed to change my DOB as per my original DOB

My email ID is smartkarthik@yahoo.com

Learning

3 Replies

S. Bharath (Advocate and Arbitrator Formerly Civil Judge)     11 July 2010

From your query, I presume you do not have a birth certificate. If that be the case, check with the local body [Corporation of Madurai or the Municipality or Panchayat] of your place of birth whether there is an entry of your birth on the specified [actual] date. If an entry is there, you need to apply to them for issuance of Birth Certificate, based on which you may take further steps to have your correct date of birth incorporated. If there is no entry of your birth, you need to file a petition to the concerned Magistrate [where you were born]. Please consult your lawyer in this regard. It takes some time.

Karthik (Senior Account Manager)     11 July 2010

Dear Mr. Bharath Sir,

Thanks for your kind reply. But am working in Dubai. I dont have my birth certificate with me.All i have is my 10th/12th and college certificates,Driving License in which my DOB is mentioned. In this case can you please guide me how to proceed further...

Thanks In Advance

Srikanta Ghosh (Senior Principal Process Engineer)     12 July 2010

I want to change date of birth in my minor son's passport. He was born in Delhi 6th June 2001. His passport has DOB printed as 30th August 2000.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register