Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cyberlawyer (barrister)     16 June 2010

CURRENT LL.B/B.L STUDENTS FROM OPEN UNIV. - QUERY

Hello Brothers,

Recently i came across this link https://www.lawetalnews.com/NewsDetail.asp?newsid=949.

So according to the above page, the students who are open university degree holders who have not taken their +2 examinations,  and studying law degree course currently are not entitled to enrolment as advocates under the BCI / BCT  ?.

This i am asking for a friend of mine who has not taken +2 exam but completed a B.A degree course under open university  system last year . Now he is studying LL.B in panchami college of law, Bangalore. Can he enroll as an advocate under the TamilNadu Bar Council or any other BC recognised by BCI  after completion of his law course ??.

The link says that the order barring enrolment of non +2 law degree holders has a prospective effect and not retrospective. Is there any case pertaining to this is pending in the Apex Court ??

Please advice...

Learning

7 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     17 June 2010

The Madras High court has ordered on 16/04/2010 in a batdh of werit petitions that the open university candidates of  M.A or  M. Com be allowed to register in the bar  . But they have to pass the examinationto be conducted at  All India level by the Bar Council of India.from the year 2009-2010  along with others for practicing at the bar.

cyberlawyer (barrister)     18 June 2010

@Isaac Gabriel - That is there sir, but what about the people who have joined 3 yr LL.B Course after graduating from open university. Whether its direct PG or not doesnt matter at all.

My question is, people who have graduated from an open university (obviously without +2) can enrol after getting law graduation or not after this order or not...

Hope you got it . As far as i know, the order has only prospective effect and not a restrospective effect...

vivekananadan (bluevial2003@yahoo.com)     22 February 2011

My friend is an openuniversity M.A and then m.phil , he got admission in 2008 to 3 yars llb in andhra, he has already passed all the 5 semesters, he is now in the final semester, please tell me whether he can obtain his llb degree from the university after passing final semester in may 2011. whether university can refrain from giving llb degree.

NETHAJI.MBA.LLB. (student)     04 April 2012

Sir,

i m a final year law student and i would like to ask if somebody can help me finding an internship in some legal firm/advocate. i dont need any stipend but i wil come there attend work  4days weekdays and all sundays every month...

and i m free and work for every day 6pm to 10pm ( dont need stipend)

preferred place- Chennai

waiting for your positive reply

Thankingyou,

Name : NETHAJI
Mobile : 9043639927
email id : mirchinethaji@gmail.com

Kindly help in this regard.

ponraj.vr Advocate (Advocate)     10 April 2012

no it`s possible.

few things found in enrollment application form

pattern of school education 10+2+3 this is the format they must be undergone

then check whether the college is recogniced by the bar council if so it`s contrary to rules and regulations of bar association sir am telling about tamilnadu am not aware of bangalore.

in tamilnadu it`s impossible such enrollment can be made if it made it will be cancelled

ponraj.vr Advocate (Advocate)     10 April 2012

sir i think open university degree is not recogniced as i said earlier the format of education 10+2+3

this format is not fulfiled.

arul ganesh (BBM., B.L.,M.L.,)     17 April 2012

my friend had studied 1o th but fail later he studied open unversity MA later studied three year BL can he enrol as advocate in tamilnadu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register