Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nithin (Manager)     23 March 2012

Cow milk, buffalo milk, goat milk??

Hi all,

A certain company is selling packed milk. On the packet there is an image of a cow, a woman and a man. In the ingredient column it is only mentioned as "MILK" without specifying whether its cows milk or buffalo milk or dogs milk. Also somewhere on the packet it says " It all begins with selecting the right cow for us"

My question is, Is it implied that the Milk is cow's milk because the packaging shows the image of a cow and it says " it all begins with selecting the cow for us"??

Can a company get away by not clearly specify in the ingredients column what kind of milk it is i.e cow , buffalo. What if iam allergic to a certain kind of milk?

Any thoughts please?

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     23 March 2012

1.  If the photograph shows a Cow and statement about Cows,  it would surely be implied that package contains Cows Milk and not to Dogs Milk (Good Humour).  If you are allergic to Milk, and misleadingly made to drink the Milk, Then you can seek damages and compensation thru the Consumer Court.

2.  Regarding Milk Adultration, make to complaint to   www.cgsiindia.org

3.  Complaint to  Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI), for misleading and/or false declarations on the product package.

4.  Make a written complaint to the local  "Food & Drug Administration" (FDA) about false product in the package and allege contamination and adultration.

5.  Write an RTI application to the FDA, asking status of the company and the licenses given to the milk company.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Nithin (Manager)     24 March 2012

Thanks Hemant, Cut

Yes most people would not give second thoughts because they see the picture of a cow. But the company has to be more responsible and correctly state the content of the packet. If they are also shwing picture of a woman, then can it be implied that the contect of the packet is Human milk? Point is the company is taking its customers for granted by not even mentioning the source of milk.

Personally, i get stomach cramps every now and then when i drink cows milk.  My brother doesnt drink buffalo milk for some reason. So for both of the its very difficult to ascertain what milk we are buying.

Are you cetain I can sue them for not specifying the kind of milk it is?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register