I recently went through adoption under HAMA and got it successfully done within a months time with new birth certficate of the baby in my hand
here are the steps and it addresses the court order need as well
Once both families are of consent and families are of Indian nationality satisfying the criteria of adoption as mentioned in HAMA , following needs to be done
1. Hire a lawyer and get the adoption deed prepared.
2. Get the puja associate with the adoption done and photographs taken.
3. Ensure there is a birth certificate of the child, it makes process very easy. Else you need a order from magistrate court to be able to register the birth of child in Birth and Death registration office in your area.
4. These documents are to be registered in Registrar office ( No need to register in court ). - This becomes a legal document and holds true in court of law in case of any dispute. -- Lawyer will provide you will details of documents to be attached ( Name, brith and Address proof of both parents, Birth certificate of baby ).
5. Once registration is complete and you have the adoption deed. Go to the Birth and death registration office in your area, get a form for birth certificate specific to adoption case from them.
6. Fill this form and submit with original birth certificate, based on this they will issue a new certificate with father and mother name updated. Also the name of child can be updated, if changed name is mentioned in adoption deed ). -- Note, this is the toughest part i felt as the Name and death registration office are not experienced with this generally and get confused with process and step. -- Atleast i had this problem in my area and i had to educate them but meeting their supervisors fetching the guideline book etc.
Once you have the birth certificate , everything after that is easy and same as in case of natural child. You do not need adoption deed to be submitted anywhere else. Not even for any visas. -- Unless the child had a existing passport with original parents name. Then it is little complex.
In my case, i had to immediately apply for her L2 visa and it was very easy, US embassy had no questions and issues as the passport of baby had our names on it .