Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ictejff (NA)     22 December 2013

Court marriage related question

Respected Members of the forum,

I am an 25 years old I.T. Professional residing in Thane. Me and my girlfriend(25 years old & currently studying post graduation) & both hindus are receiving strong opposition from her parents. I always wanted to marry with support of her family but since our castes are different her parents are continuously harassing her to not to marry me. Hence we have decided to opt for court marriage.

However my girlfriend is constantly threatened by her parents that if she marries me they will hurt her and me and they are also searching for a groom from her caste.

My girlfriend obviously is very scared and wants to have a registered marriage as soon as possible. But she and I do not want to disclose it as disclosing this during her final months of education might bring unforeseen circumstance and might permanently damage her career.

Now to my concern:

We want to have a court marriage but we do not want to disclose it. 

My questions to the respected members:

1. How to start the process of court marriage and how much time will it take to complete the entire process?

2.What documents are required for court marriage from her side?

3.Does she need to disclose her home address?

4.Is there any intimation sent to brides parent by the court before or after the court marriage?

5.What care needs to be taken to keep this court marriage secret from her parents until her education is complete.

Anticipating advice from forum members.

Thanks & Regards,

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register