Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suhail (n/a)     18 June 2014

Court marriage of lovers

Hi,

I am 24 and my lover is also same and now we are planning to do our marriage through court procedure. We both are belongs to muslim family, myself from Kerala and she is from Andhra Pradesh. Her parents are ready for marriage but they need my parents but they are against my wish. Can anybody help us to do our marriage in a complete secret way in Hyderabd or banglore? what will be the procedure and how long it will take to finish formalities? Is there any option to do it in 1-2 days? Please help us in this regard and we are planning to do it by 20th Aug, 2014.

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 June 2014

You are in Hyderabad, and when several secret marriages are reported with several Saudhi people in old city by kazis every day, there is no difficulty in registering the marriage through them.

Suhail (n/a)     19 June 2014

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad

You are in Hyderabad, and when several secret marriages are reported with several Saudhi people in old city by kazis every day, there is no difficulty in registering the marriage through them.

I dont know is it lawful or not. But i am looking through court process and I hope that will have more validity than this.

Jeyashri R (Software Engineer)     19 June 2014

Hi Suhail,

If you are don' t mind I want to share onething. Now you both people are 24 age only. You should wait for your parents permission. True love never failed anyway. Your parents like you people happy only. When two minds come together with a pure intent to be life partners, there is no need for court marriage or other things. Actually why you take this decision ?

Suhail (n/a)     19 June 2014

Originally posted by : Jeyashri R

Hi Suhail,

If you are don' t mind I want to share onething. Now you both people are 24 age only. You should wait for your parents permission. True love never failed anyway. Your parents like you people happy only. When two minds come together with a pure intent to be life partners, there is no need for court marriage or other things. Actually why you take this decision ?

Hi,

I agree with your opinion and we both also wish the same, my family is orthodox and from Kerala, so they are against this and I tried to convince them and still trying. But there is no issue in her home and they are ready but they want my parents also. And i dont have any scope on my family because i already experienced what they want and am sure they will not agree.

There is no problem for us to wait, and we are ready for that, but you asked why, means there is no scope from my family and her family is not ready without my parents, so we are thinking this option

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 June 2014

The details are as follows:
There is no such thing as Court Marriage.
The age fixed by the Indian Government is: 21 years to Male – 18 years to Female.
There is an office called Sub-Registrar's office in every City of India.
Go there; get the prescribed forms for marriage in triplicate.
See that they are signed by you and your fiancée.
Get the signature of three witnesses
This will be notified in the Notice Board for 30 days calling for objections from public and other concerned people including your Parents & parents of your fiancée.
If there is no opposition from any quarters/persons about your marriage, on the day fixed, be present with your fiancée at the office. Both shall sign in the relevant records/register.
If you are interested both of you can exchange garlands, rings and such other things according to your customs.
Now the marriage is over. The Marriage officer will shake hands with you and congratulates you.
You will be given Marriage Certificate on the spot or after some time (If you do not know/if you know, all the officials in Revenue Departments are corrupt and they expect/demand some extra money). They indirectly encourage brokers too for this job. Never go to the clutches of those brokers for the sake of your health and wealth.
If you want additional copies of Marriage Certificates, you will be given on some nominal payments too.
Then you can show your back to that office.
Now both of you are legally married couple.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     24 June 2014

Your marriage can be registered under Special Marriage Act.

Narasi (IT)     01 July 2014

- Mr T. Kalaiselvan

My friend and his fiancee both are keralite and Christian. They are planning to get married in Chennai.

Could you please help us

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register