LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hiren Patel (Engineer)     26 October 2014

Court marriage

I am 27 year old, I am doing my job as engineer in Gujarat, My cast is Hindu Patel, I am belongs to middle class family, I have my girl friend of 24 years of age of different cast hindu aahir(SEBC), She has several restrictions on it so, she can't able to come out side her home. I want to marry her, I have several questions for my life.

1) How can marry her without taking her to registar office?( I can take her sign if required on any document.)

2) Minimum days required to confirm as wife husband?

3) As per indian laws which are accepted that we are married?

4) If I succeed to get marry, and in any situation she will be in my fever, how can her family can stop us or any case(FIR) in police station?

5) If i able to get marry, can it affect my job( I am doing job in private company).

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     26 October 2014

1.  If she can't come out from family even for a single day, forget about every thing.

2.  If she can come out only for oneday, ask  her to come out with her passport size photographs, original date of birth certificate and go for Arya Samaj Marriage in the presence of three witnesses.  After that you get certificate and you can ask for police protection for both of you on the basis of certificate.  You can further reconfirm the marriage by registering it under Hindu Marriage Act.  But for all these, HER PRESENCE IS MUST.

3.  If she can come out of her family for more than one month, you can go for Special Marriage procedure, and one month after submission of application, marriage will be registered on the basis of original documents.

You are mature enough to understand that the social problems and physical safety involved in those adventures.  Engage a local advocate, who is  sympathetic and sensitive about these issues.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     26 October 2014

@ Author,

1. Well a Registrar will not come to her home to seek her signature. She has to be physically present before Registrar of marriage. 

2. As soon as Registration of Marriage takes place the next moment onward for the world you both are pronounced as husband-wife. 

3. As per Hindu Marriage Act, either a Court Marriage OR Arya Samaj Marriage or Temple Marriage are all accepted form of Hindu marriage provided customs - rituals as per Hindu Marriage were performed by parties. 

4. By seeking Police protection and praying to her daily to say that she is in your side and has married you with all its pros and cons knowing well being marriageable age (18 years). 

5. Depends on household expenses – holidays and her vast horizon on home – self shopping – splurges – bings  etc. and for all these you have to have clear talk with her prior to marriage. Suggested to talk about future with mature – adult person first and understand what marriage is all about, understand hide-n-seek marriage repercussions in society, understand what maturity brings in marriage, then see if you are really marriage material as now-a-days too little or too much expectations are there from each others in a marriage which all collectively effect a marriage at the end. Seeing films and marrying just next minute is not advisable.

[Last reply]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register